Sudesh Peiris wins Silver at Commonwealth Games
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka’s Sudesh Peiris has won the Silver Medal for Men’s Weight Lifting in the 62kg category at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, giving Sri Lanka its first medal at the games this year.
Anton Sudesh Peiris Kurukulasooriyage, from Sadalankawa, is the Captain of the Sri Lankan contingent to the 20th Commonwealth Games currently being held in Glasgow, Scotland.
He had won the bronze medal from the men’s 62 kg weightlifting clean and jerk event during the 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru sports complex in New Delhi.
Sudesh had lifted a total weight of 272kg breaking the then Sri Lankan record for the category.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023