Actress Damitha Abeyrathne arrested
Posted in Local News
Actress and “Gota Go Gama” activist Damitha Abeyrathne has been arrested by the Police.
The Police said that she was arrested in the Welikada area by a special Police team after the protest named ‘Black Hour’ held near the Diyatha Uyana in Battaramulla today (September 07).
According to Police, she was arrested on charges of forcibly entering the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo during the protests in July this year.
Police said Damitha Abeyrathne would be produced before the Fort Magistrate on Thursday (September 08).
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Great! Can we send her to a gulag ? All the stupid questions she is asking in front of video cameras she should go and ask from the IMF. The cow (apologies four legged cows, you are brighter. I know it is an insult) constantly keep wailing about nothing has been done by the government after months. Either she is blind, unable to read and listen or no brain at all.
Energy minister Kanchana amply explained today in relation to what the gang of this kind of people are doing. She says she had been doing this for the country. Those who are going to block the payment to the only coal company (willing to supply on credit) 6 months after the delivery may have the same argument. Electricity or no electricity to the people does not matter, due processes to be followed under any circumstances at any cost. The way it goes, any criminal, any extremist in this country can claim ‘I did for the country’ and the government and the police is obliged to stop all investigations and release them!!
This gye ( I assume a male) is a UNP henchman, I understood by reading all his comments throughout last few months. His comments always subjective and protects UNP junta.
Damitha is a brave lady and she appeared for poor and justice all the time, which is rare among actresses and actors with sort of lucrative life in the country in a democratic way. It is a crime for idiot Indra a so called analyst it looked like.