Actress Vishaka Siriwardena passes away
Posted in Local News
Popular actress Vishaka Siriwardena has passed away at the age of 64.
She was receiving treatment at a hospital in Kurunegala when she passed away, according to sources.
She entered the Sri Lankan Cinema scene through the film Anuradha. Sanasanna maa, Sura Duthiyo, Sasara Chethana and Sanda Madala were among several accredited works she contributed, she also starred in a number of teledramas.
She was presented an award for best upcoming actress at the Sarasaviya Awards.
Vishaka Siriwardena’s final rites will be conducted in Kurunegala today.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023