Air force Bell 412 makes emergency landing
A Bell 412 helicopter carrying Air force personnel including a high ranking officer made a precautionary landing at grounds in Katupotha this morning, due to a suspected technical fault.
The Air force refused to confirm whether the Commander of the Air force was on board during the emergency landing
Speaking to Daily Mirror Online, Air force spokesman Air Commodore Andrew Wijesuriya refused to comment regarding the identity of the passengers on board.
“As a policy we do not disclose the personnel or rank of those on board, nor do we disclose the destination.
We are now taking measures to rectify the suspected defect” he said. (Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023