All contributed for 19A – PM
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe stated that all in the parliament contributed to the historic 19th Amendment that made the executive president responsible to the Parliament through the Cabinet following the passage of the Amendment.
The Prime Minister said all cannot be satisfied 100 percent with the amendments.
He added that first, all have to thank President Maithripala Sirisena for taking a move to reduce the powers of the executive presidency.
He also thank the Opposition Leader, UPFA, EPDP, TNA and DNA for the support they extended to pass the Bill.
He also thanked the Speaker, the Secretary General and his staff, Legal Draftsman’s Department, Prime Minister’s Secretary and Jayampathy Wickramaratne for the support they extended to draft and pass the Bill.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023