All public institutions to be solar power plants
Minister of Power and Renewable Energy Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said that he has got the approval of the cabinet and the budget to establish solar panels on the roofs of all public institutions and thereby generate solar power.
He said that the ongoing ‘Surya Bala Sangramaya’ project targets to establish solar panels on the roofs of one million households and generate power. He also said that they are encouraging the people towards this target.
Minister made these remarks attending a ceremony to lay the foundation stone for the technology laboratory at the St. Josephs Balika Vidyalaya, Kegalle.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023