Arjuna to sue Sumathipala over defamatory statements
Posted in Local News
Minister of Port and Shipping Arjuna Ranatunga says he would take legal action against Speaker and Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) Chairman Thilanga Sumathipala.
Minister Ranatunga said he would sue Sumathipala over several defamatory statements made against him during a recent press conference held following the election of the SLC last week.
The Minister made the observation at a press conference held in Colombo this afternoon (10).
He also went on to say the time has come to give due consideration in a bid to safeguard the SLC from “gambling businessmen”.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023