Arrest warrants issued on Lahiru Weerasekara and Sugathananda Thero
Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court today (July 28) issued arrest warrants on activists Lahiru Weerasekara and Venerable Tampitiye Sugathananda Thero over failure to attend a court proceeding.
When a case related to unlawful assembly was called up in court, Lahiru Weerasekara and Venerable Tampitiye Sugathananda Thero were not present.
Accordingly, Sri Lanka Police requested the court to issue a warrant for the arrest of the duo.
Thereby, Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage issued the warrants.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023