Aruni Baba and Thel Chuti arrested for possession of heroin
The wife of a murder suspect Kudu Roshan and one of his accomplices have been arrested with heroin in their possession by the STF today.
Police Media spokesman, SP, Ruwan Gunesekera said the two suspects have been identified as 30-year old Wijesinghe Aarachchi Niroshani alias Aruni Baba and 46-year old Salinda Dharmasiri alias Thel Chuti.
‘Chooty Ukkung’ and four others died in a shooting in Sumithpura, Mattakkuliya on the 23rd of October 2016.
‘Kudu Roshan’ and twelve others were arrested and remanded over the shooting.
Police believe Kudu Roshan is handling his narcotic racket from inside the prison while his wife Aruni Baba is peddling heroin outside prison.
police discovered other of narcotics such as ice and cash over 700 thousand rupees from two houses belonging to Aruni Baba and Thel Chuti in Ragama and Kadawatha.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023