As a govt. we fulfill the responsibilities hitherto neglected by others – President
President Maithripala Sirisena said although former leaders say that the government had not done anything in the past 2 years, as a government what we fulfill today are the responsibilities neglected by the former leader.
The work done by the government may not be seen or felt, but these are the responsibilities fulfilled for the motherland and the future generations, he said. He pointed out that the government succeeded in restoring freedom, democracy and fundamental rights to the people and won the friendship of the world community.
President Sirisena said this at a function to hand over appointment letters to 3828 new employees of the Ceylon Electricity Board at the Parliament grounds yesterday (October 18). This marked fulfillment of a promise given by him as Common Candidate during the Presidential Election.
Speaking further, President Sirisena said that the government is fulfilling its responsibilities to the motherland and taking the nation forward on an ethical political concept. The government is developing the economy and will build the nation for the future generations of our youth, he said.
Ministers Ranjith Siyambalapitiya, Gayantha Karunathilake, Deputy Minister Ajith C Perera, Secretary to the Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energy, Dr. Suren Batagoda, CEB Chairman Anura Wijepala were also present.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023