Bahrain’s Prime Minister Hosts Luncheon in Honor of President Rajapaksa
Bahrain’s Prime Minister His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa hosted a luncheon in honor of President Mahinda Rajapaksa this afternoon at the Ritz-Carlton.
Prior to the luncheon, the two leaders met briefly along with the respective delegations. Discussions focused on improving already friendly relations. The high-level visits between both countries have recently enhanced ties between the two nations.
Almost exactly five years ago, the Prime Minister visited Sri Lanka on the invitation of President Rajapaksa. That was the first high-level visit to Sri Lanka from Bahrain in 33 years. President Rajapaksa’s current state visit is the first visit ever from a Sri Lankan president. This visit is expected to further cement cooperation and collaboration between the two nations that share a long history of cordial relations, even before formal bilateral ties were established in 1992.
A number of Bahraini ministers accompanied the Prime Minister at the luncheon.
Minister of External Affairs Prof. G. L. Peiris, Minister of Industry and Commerce Mr. Rishad Bathiudeen, Minister of Foreign Employment Promotion and Welfare Mr. Dilan Perera, Deputy Minister of Labor and Labor Relations Mr. Sarath Weerasekara, Provincial Council Member Mr. Nauzer Fowzi , Secretary to the President Mr. Lalith Weeratunga and Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to Bahrain Mr. Anura Rajakaruna accompanied the President.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023