Basil Rajapaksa and Thirukumar Nadesan aquitted from Malwana property case
Former Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa and Thirukumar Nadesan, the husband of former Minister Nirupama Rajapaksa who was named in Pandora Papers, have been acquitted in the Malwana property case.
The verdict was delivered by the Gampaha High Court today (June 03).
The case was filed against Basil Rajapaksa and Thirukumar Nadesan under three charges for misappropriating state funds by purchasing a 16-acre land in Dompe, Malwana for Rs. 64 million and building a mansion on this plot of land by spending Rs.125 million.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023