Beliatta Pradeshiya Sabha chairman and his brother arrested for fraud
The Chairman of the Beliatta Pradeshiya Sabha, Cyril Munasinghe and his elder brother have been arrested by the police in connection with a fraud involving 11 GI pipes purchased for a project.
Beliatta Police have arrested the suspects over allegations that they had stolen several lengths of G.I. pipes which were brought for a water supply project.
Police said the 58-year-old PS Chairman Cyril Munasinghe and his 67-year-old brother, Piyadasa Munasinghe, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
They will be produced in court late today (December 29).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023