Blinken assures support to promote US investments in Sri Lanka after IMF talks end
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe had spoken to US Secretary of State Antony Blinken today (June 13) over the phone.
The Prime Minister had explained the current status of the negotiations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
In a twitter message, the Prime Minister Wickremesinghe said that he briefed the US Secretary of State regarding the current economic situation in Sri Lanka and requested for both countries to work closer.
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has agreed to assist Sri Lanka and to promote investment after the conclusion of the talks with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
It was a pleasure speaking to Secretary of State @SecBlinken today. I briefed him on the current economic situation and requested for our countries to work closer. He assured his support to further promote US investments in Sri Lanka upon the completion of IMF negotiations.
— Ranil Wickremesinghe (@RW_UNP) June 13, 2022
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023