BMICH ordered to pay Rs. 180m as compensation to Samitha
Posted in Local News
The court has ordered BMICH to pay a compensation of Rs. 180 million to Dr. Samitha Samanmali. She was paralyzed when a shelter collapsed on her at ‘Deyata Kirula’ exhibition in 2008 at BMICH.
Samanmali who was a medical student at the time sustained severe injuries in the accident on February 15, 2008 at the BMICH when she was organising the setting up of stalls for a medical exhibition.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023