Body of missing 9-year-old girl from Atulugama found
The body of the nine-year-old girl, reported missing from the Atulugama area in Bandaragama, has been found in a marshy land near her home, the police said.
Her remains were recovered by the residents of the area this evening (May 28).
Several police teams were deployed to locate the girl following a complaint that she had gone missing since 10.00 am yesterday (May 27).
According to the complaint, the girl, named Fatima Ayesha, had gone to a nearby shop to buy some food items and never returned home. Footage obtained from a CCTV camera showed the girl leaving the shop after buying food.
The Bandaragama Police is conducting further investigation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023