Boxing Champion Holyfield meets Sri Lanka President
Former undisputed world champion in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions Evander Holyfield who is on a visit to Sri Lanka called on President Mahinda Rajapaksa at Temple Trees this morning.
On June 28, 1997 controversial fellow boxer Mike Tyson bit off the top part of Holyfield’s right ear. The President during Holyfield’s visit to the Temple Trees also inspected his right ear.
Holyfield called on President at Temple Trees with Dr K.A. Paul a Christian preacher (Founder and President, Global Peace Initiative) from the United States.(niz).
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023