British inmate died of heart attack – Prisons Dept.
Posted in Local News
The cause of death of a British national at the Magazine Prison in Colombo has been confirmed as a heart attack, the Department of Prisons said today.
Viswalingam Gopidas, who was arrested and imprisoned on charges of aiding the LTTE organization, had suddenly passed away due to an ailment yesterday (24) morning.
Commissioner General of Prisons, Chandraratne Pallegama stated that the inmate had fallen ill at around 7.30am yesterday and died shortly after being admitted to the prison hospital.
The 41-year-old citizen of Britain was serving a sentence until 2015, however was scheduled for an early release under prisoner exchange, the prisons department said.
(Courtesy : Ada Derana)
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
When I saw the headline of this news item, I thought the dead Briton was Mr David Cameron. But when I read the news, I feel sad for the Tamil Tiger who died.
This guy should know had he said sorry for his crimes, the Singhala Buddhist leadership would have appointed him a Cabinet Minister or Chief Provincial Minister.
Poor Tamil Tiger, RIP, when you meet Prabha in hell you can tell him how much we, the Sinhala Buddhists, miss him.
Yes I feel sad for this Tamil Tiger as much I felt sad when I ran over a Polaga once when I was driving in Anuradhapura.