Budget at a glance
Posted in Local News
Salaries of Government servant will be increased by Rs.10,000. Rs.5000 will be given in February while the balance will be given in June.
- Pensions to be increased by Rs.1000 from April 2015
- Samurdhi Allowance to be increased by 200% from April 2015
- Interest rates on deposit of pensioners to be increased up to 15% subject to maximum deposit of one million rupees.
- Pregnant mothers to get an allowance of Rs.20,000 with immediate effect
- Guaranteed price for a litre of fresh milk to be increased by Rs.10
- Price of Kerosene per Ltre reduced by Rs.6 (New price Rs.59)
- Bus fares will be reduced by atleast 10%
- Price of Sugar will be reduced by Rs.10
- Price of Wheat Flour will be reduced by Rs.12.50
- Price of a loaf of bread will be reduced accordingly.
- Prices of Coriander will be reduced by Rs.26 per kilo.
- Maximum retail Price of a 400 gm packet of Milk powder will be reduced to Rs.325
- Price of a 12.5 kg LP Gas will be reduced by Rs.300. New aprice will be Rs.1596
- Taxes imposed on maldive fish will be reduced by Rs.200
- Taxes imposed on canned fish will be reduced by Rs.60
- Taxes imposed on sprats will be reduced by Rs.15 per kg.
- Taxes imposed on green gram will be reduced from 40% to 10%
- A new palace tax will be imposed to be paid annually
- All Sri Lankans who migrate to another country will be liable for an exist tax
- A super gain tax will be imposed for organizations that record a profit of over Rs.200 million
- Taxes imposed on vehicles less than 1000cc to be reduced by 15%, Taxes imposed on hybrid vehicles to be reduced
- Cement prices will be reduced by around Rs.90
- A one time tax of Rs.1000 million will have to be paid by anyone who owns casinos before April 2015
- Marriage registration tax will be reduced by Rs.4000. New tax Rs.1000
- Sports channels with over 5 transmitting stations will have to pay a one time tax of Rs.1000 million
- A Pension Scheme will be introduced for self employed persons
- Mahapola scholarship scheme to be increased to Rs.5000 from February 2015
- Viru Daru special loan scheme of up to Rs.500,000 will be paid for disabled war veterans
- Credit Card interest rates to be reduced by 8%
- Relief will be provided to depositors of non banking financial institutions
- Special bus fare for senior citizens (only 50% of the fare will be charged)
- Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment registration will be reduced to Rs.5000
- State owned vehicles which are not being used will be sold at an open auction
- Regulations for issuing of liquor licenses to be tightened.
- Sri Lankan Airlines losses over past 5 years Rs 100bn. Mihin Airlines losses over past 5 years Rs. 15bn. The 2 airlines will be merged to increase productivity.
- Taxes imposed on Mobile phone Reloads removed from consumers, Telecommunications Companies asked to bear the tax.
- OPDs of all the state owned hospitals in the country to be kept opened for 24-hours
- Decentralized funds of a Member of Parliament to be increased from Rs 5mn to Rs.10mn. Govt. to allocates Rs. 1120 million for the increase.
- 50% of the loans taken by farmers will be written off, remainder will be compounded to allow for payment on easy terms.
- Funds allocated for Education increased to 6% of the GDP
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
It is good whoever make it easy for the common people in SL to live.
But what the people should remember is this is not the money MR had hoarded somewhere being distributed by this government, but the price of oil in the world market has more than halved. Also, since there is a general election coming soon, the foreign backers of the MY3 must have guaranteed sweeteners, loans and aid to make sure he keep the people pleased and get the votes. But once those things are over and the price of oil is up again, things will be different!
An idiot is an idiot and an idiot (And we still babbles about this thief…….mega thief MR and his brothers)
I was an avid supporter of MR….But No More….no in my life time…..