MR’s sons no longer rugby team captains
Posted in Local News
Former president Mahinda Rajapaksa’s sons Yoshitha and Rohitha are to be removed from the captaincy of the Rugby teams of the Navy and Army respectively, on the instructions of a highly placed official, informed sources said yesterday.
Instructions had been issued to the relevant officials in this regard.
Yoshitha Rajapaksa was the captain of the Navy team and his younger brother Rohitha Rajapaksa was the captain of the Army team.
However they have not yet been informed of their removal.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Not sure why everything is against them. Politics…
How the performed in those clubs? success or failure?
I think the governance should check their performance rather than being as MR’s sons.
I don’t know how, if anyone knows post here pls.
Well, you have to check how these individuals get the captaincy including captaincy of the SL Rugby team. In Yoshitha’s case, his papa who is the commander of the armed forces decommissioned him after getting defeated at presidential elections.
We know that the Mithree(මෛත්රී) =friendliness & Hate(වෛරය) = revenge & good governance = යහපාලනය. That’s all we know.
In overall I feel all these are attached to political revenge.
Its not the right thing to do for any game. Most of foreign players are leaving due to this.
In SL there’s only one sports channel, and new government targeted with giant tax for them. So is this not a political revenge?
Sad to see, I’m still not sure where our country is heading to.
Country might heading again into western slavery.