C.D. Wickramaratne granted another service extension as Inspector General of Police
Inspector General of Police (IGP) C.D. Wickramaratne has been granted another three weeks service extension by President Ranil Wickremesinghe, Sri Lanka Police confirmed.
C.D. Wickramaratne was previously granted service extensions on three occasions, with the most recent one in October, 2023.
Police Chief Wickramaratne was supposed to retire from the police service on March 26, 2023.
However, President Ranil Wickremesinghe had extended his tenure by three months until June 26 by way of a special gazette notification dated April 06.
Later, on October 13, 2023 he was granted a third service extension which came to an end November 03, 2023.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023