Cabinet approval granted for Ceylon Electricity Board restructuring road map
Posted in Local News
Cabinet approval was granted for the proposed road map & timeline of the restructuring process of the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said.
He said that the final draft of the new electricity act will be presented to the Parliament for approval by the end of May 2023.
“Approval was also granted to establish a reform secretariat, obtain the assistance of development agencies such as ADB, World Bank, USAID and JICA for the process, to conduct a financial and human resource audit and complete the transition process by October 2023,” the Minister said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023