Cabinet approves grant of Rs. 2.5 million to Priyantha Kumara’s family
The Cabinet of Ministers today has granted approval to a proposal to provide a grant of Rs. 2.5 million to the family of Priyantha Kumara Diyawadana, who was murdered in Sialkot, Pakistan on Friday (December 3).
Accordingly, the proposal made by the Minister of Labour to provide a grant of Rs. 2.5 million on a humanitarian basis by the Employees’ Welfare Fund of the Bureau of Foreign Employment for the welfare of his wife and children who were devastated from his death considering his extensive contribution to the Sri Lankan economy over a period of eleven years as a migrant worker, was approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023