Cabinet permission granted to increase railway fares
Minister of Transport Dilum Amunugama said that Cabinet permission was granted to increase the train ticket fare in line with the recent fuel price hike.
He also said that there had been no increase in train ticket fares despite the increase in fuel prices in the recent past.
The Railway Department previously directed a request to increase train ticket fares.
Its General Manager, Dhammika Jayasundara stated that an increase in fares similar to bus fare increase has been requested from the Government.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023