Cabinet Proposal to increase private sector wages
Minister of Labour S.B. Nawinna announced that he has proposed to increase the wages of private sector employees from May 01.
The Labour Minister said the proposal to increase wages of private sector employees was submitted to the cabinet of ministers on Friday, May 01.
According to the proposal, the minimum wage of private sector employees will be Rs.10, 000, while the minimum daily wage would be Rs.400. Every private sector employee should receive a minimum base salary of Rs. 10,000 from May 01.
Furthermore, a salary increase of Rs. 2,500 will be implemented in two stages.
In the first step all private sector employees will receive a Rs. 1,500 salary increase from May 01, 2015. In the second step the salary will be increased by Rs. 1,000 from 01 January 2016. However the maximum salary should not exceed Rs. 40,000.
The Minister expects to receive the cabinet approval for his proposal.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023