Can hold presidential polls after January 09 – Deshapriya
Posted in Local News
The President is able to call for a presidential election at any time after the 09th of January 2019, said Elections Commission Chairman Mahinda Deshapriya.
Deshapriya mentioned this following a function held in Galle.
Speaking further, he said that he believes that the holding of provincial council elections will be expedited.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023