Cannabis a ‘God-given gift’ – MP Diana Gamage
Claiming that cannabis is a ‘God-given gift’ to Sri Lanka, MP Diana Gamage yesterday (16) proposed to make it a commercial crop in Sri Lanka and start exporting products made with cannabis to uplift the country’s hard-hit economy.
Participating in the debate on the Appropriation Bill 2022, Gamage said Sri Lanka should legalise cannabis.
“Tea, coconut and rubber are considered as commercial crops in Sri Lanka. But now, we are importing all of them. Many African countries and China have started to export tea. But Sri Lanka is blessed with a god-given gift named, cannabis. We should legalise cannabis and start exporting products made with cannabis. We can uplift the country’s economy in that way,” she claimed.
Gamage said she has many products made with cannabis such as toothpaste, cannabis oil and food products in her home.
“I wanted to bring some of these products to the House, but I could not. Cannabis oil is beneficial for various Ayurvedic treatments. We should not see it only as a forbidden drug. Instead, it should be seen as a medical alternative.”
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Gagani Weerakoon and Methmalie Dissanayake)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
Diana should reclaim SJB and be the leader of the Opposition.
She certainly can add value to ‘Prosperity and splendour’.
Cannabis is a ‘God-given gift. I am lost for words when I here things like these. What next? Heroin? So “Tea, coconut and rubber is out and we all start growing cannabis. That will bring lots of foreign revenue.
Don’t be the outsider.
Join the leaders in the drive towards Prosperity and Splendour. That’s where we are all going.
Cannabis, only a starting point; Why not bottle Kassipu and stick a fancy label and earn valuable revenue.
Mr Guy Goda. Long time ago when people ask me where I am from, I used to say Ceylon. Then the first word come from their mouth was ” TEA”. Now it will be Cocane. Canabis amd kassipu. Haven’t we done well. .
Even with this god-given money making gift named, cannabis, Sri Lanka, instead of making a profit will make a loss and make a problem out of it.