Central Bank of Sri Lanka issues statement on IMF article IV report
The Central Bank of Sri Lanka has issued a statement confirming it’s stance on the IMF Article IV Report which was released today (March 26).
It said some of the recommendations made by the IMF have already been implemented.
The Central Bank noted that the government tightened Sri Lanka’s monetary policy since August, allowed exchange rate flexibility, removed restrictions on foreign exchange market transactions and allowed market based price adjustments on key commodities prior to IMF recommendations.
It further said the CBSL is ready to work closely with the Government and the International Monetary Fund to ensure Sri Lanka receives benefits over the costs.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023