Chamal undecided on contesting Gota returns after surgery
Posted in Local News
United People’s Freedom Alliance Parliamentarian Chamal Rajapaksa said that he has still not taken a firm decision on contesting the forthcoming Presidential Poll.
He made this remark when journalists sought his views yesterday (24), on whether he had taken a decision on contesting the next Presidential Poll.
Meanwhile, former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa who was in Singapore after undergoing surgery returned home in the night on 23 July.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Dhammika Ranaweera and Gaya Thirimadura)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
The SLPP are looking desperately for a candidate as their preferred candidate is undergoing severe health issues and also, doubts on US citizenship renunciation.
The alternatives now are:
1. Dinesh Gunawaradane
2. GL Pieris
3. Shiranthi Rajapaksa
All the 3 alternatives are dead ducks.