Champika willing to live in any political cesspit for his benefit – Wimal
National Freedom Front (NFF) Leader, Minister Wimal Weerawansa questioned what political fronts, alliances or parties could be formed with a politician of the calibre of SJB MP Patali Champika Ranawaka, who is willing to live in any political cesspit for his benefit.
He said, the SJB MP who had at one time vituperatively criticised UNP Leader Ranil Wickremasinghe, has the gumption to hail the latter as a modern-day political visionary.
Weerawansa was speaking at a weekly political discussion with a private television station last Monday,when he was asked for his response to the speculation that the NFF Leader was preparing to form a new political movement with the ex-JHU General Secretary.
The Minister said Ranawaka was nothing but a political opportunist who was prepared to step into any cesspit to further his own political agenda and asserted the SJB MP’s character has been fully understood by the electorate.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
No , never, I have listened to a number of his speeches on Sri Lanka and international issues such as current situation in the USA. He is educated with B.Sc engineering , read broadly and analyzed many issues more accurately to best of our minds.
We can never compare you with Patali !.
Being a former activist of JVP, you sleep on cesspits now where even pigs never do it: you stay free silently at the time government is selling our national assets harbor.