China, Sri Lanka in ‘active’ communications on debt restructuring
Posted in Local News
China and Sri Lanka are currently in “active” communications on the island nation’s debt restructuring, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Wednesday.
“China supports financial institutions in working with the Sri Lanka side and continue to play a positive role,” foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said in response to a question at a regular press briefing.
“We call on commercial and multilateral creditors to take part in the debt restructuring in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan government has said it will discuss the matter with creditors including China.”
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023