Chinthana Vdanage gets car worth Rs. 4 million
Commonwealth Games silver medalist Chinthana Geethal Vidanage was named Most Outstanding Sportsman and received a luxury car worth Rs. Four million at the 36th National Sports Festival concluded at the Bogambara Stadium in Kandy today.
Vidanage representing North Central Province established a new Sri Lanka record while lifting an overall total of 306 points including 130 in the snatch category and 176 in the clean and jerk category while competing in the 77 kg weight class which shattered his own record. He was presented with one of the latest models in the Fiat automobile series by FIAT Sri Lanka.
This was the first time that an award of this nature was on offer while brand new motorbikes and laptop computers were also presented to the winners in different sporting events.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023