CID summons Dr. Jayaruwan Bandara
Former Health Ministry Spokesperson Dr. Jayaruwan Bandara has been summoned to appear before the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) today to record a statement regarding information that he had revealed during an interview.
Police said Dr. Bandara was informed to appear in the CID this morning following a complaint made by Chairman of the State Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Corporation Dr. Uthpala Indrawansa and Chairman of the National Medicines Regulatory Authority Dr. Rasitha Wijewantha.
They lodged a complaint against Dr. Bandara with regard to misleading the general public by stating false information during an interview with a journalist recently .
Dr. Bandara reportedly made remarks over the deletion of National Drug Regulatory Authority data and the production of drugs.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023