Over 290 kg of heroin valued at Rs. 2.3 Billion seized from trawler, five arrested
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Navy has seized a multi-day fishing trawler carrying 290 kilograms and 200 grams of heroin and 05 suspects were apprehended during a special search operation conducted in the deep sea yesterday (30).
The multi-day fishing trawler and the suspects carrying the heroin were brought ashore on today (31) morning.
It is believed that the street value of the stock of heroin seized by the Navy is over Rs. 2,321 million.
The operation was carried out by the Police Narcotics Bureau (PNB) with the assistance of the Sri Lanka Navy, based on a tip-off received by the State Intelligence Service, police said.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023