Close associate of Angoda Lokka arrested in Angoda
A 37-year-old man suspected to be a close associate of notorious criminal Angoda Lokka was arrested by the Special Task Force (STF) in Angoda in Mulleriyawa police area.
Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said two locally made weapons and 18 rounds of T-56 ammunition were also taken into custody.
The arrested person is Sumithra Arachchige Don Udara Neranjana (37).
The arrested suspect had allegedly supplied weapons to underworld figures ‘Angoda Lokka’ and ‘Solta’.
The STF made the arrest based on information provided by Army intelligence.
Accordingly, the suspect was arrested at the Siriparakum Mawatha area in Angoda.
The suspect was handed over to the Mulleriyawa police for further investigations.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023