Isolation lifted owing to economic hardships – Harshana
Samagi Jana Balawegaya Parliamentarian Harshana Rajakaruna says thousands of citizens have lost employment owing to the coronavirus.
Speaking at a media briefing today, the MP urged the government to pay special attention to such individuals.
He claimed that individuals who lost employment owing to the virus are being provided half a month’s wage or a significant sum of money by the government in foreign countries.
However, MP Rajakaruna charged the government of failing to support the unemployed and instead directing large sums of funds on unnecessary projects.
MP Rajakaruna also claimed that the virus is increasingly spreading at present, adding that isolation status is being lifted, owing to the economic difficulties people are faced with and in order to overturn a negative economic outlook.
The MP stated this is evident through the actions of the government in lifting isolation when the COVID-19 situation in the Western Province is at its worst, which has also been indicated by the Ministry of Health.
(Source: News Radio)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023