Committee appointed to study Presidential Commission of Inquiry report on Easter attacks
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has appointed a committee to study the report of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCoI) on the Easter Sunday attacks and the Parliamentary Committee report on National Security, the President’s Media Division said.
The six-member committee is chaired by Minister Chamal Rajapaksa and also includes ministers Johnston Fernando, Udaya Gammanpila, Ramesh Pathirana, Prasanna Ranatunga and Rohitha Abeygunawardena.
The President’s Media Division said that the reports of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCoI) and the Sectoral Oversight Committee will be sent to the committee by the Presidential Secretariat.
Presidential Secretariat’s Director General (Legal) Hariguptha Rohanadeera has been appointed as the Secretary to the committee.
The committee has been instructed to present its report before March 15, 2021.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Commissions, Commissions and more Commissions!!! This is an utter wastage of resources. What we need right now is another ‘Commission’ to monitor the progress of all commissions formed before!