Committee appointed to study Presidential Commission of Inquiry report on Easter attacks
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has appointed a committee to study the report of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCoI) on the Easter Sunday attacks and the Parliamentary Committee report on National Security, the President’s Media Division said.
The six-member committee is chaired by Minister Chamal Rajapaksa and also includes ministers Johnston Fernando, Udaya Gammanpila, Ramesh Pathirana, Prasanna Ranatunga and Rohitha Abeygunawardena.
The President’s Media Division said that the reports of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCoI) and the Sectoral Oversight Committee will be sent to the committee by the Presidential Secretariat.
Presidential Secretariat’s Director General (Legal) Hariguptha Rohanadeera has been appointed as the Secretary to the committee.
The committee has been instructed to present its report before March 15, 2021.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023