Woman arrested for attending classes conducted by Zahran Hashim
A 24-year-old female, who alleged to have attended classes conducted by Easter Sunday suicide bomber Zahran Hashim, arrested in Mawanella by the TID (Terrorists Investigation Division) yesterday, police spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said.
The 24-year-old female is a resident of Mawanella.
DIG Ajith Rohana said the individual’s father and three brothers were arrested several months ago over investigations into the Easter Sunday attacks including damaging Buddhist statues in Mawanella.
The CID have launched a probe after it came to light that Zahran had promoted wahabism and extremism prior to causing the mayhem.
Accordingly, on December 7, 2020, the CID arrested six women who had attended those classes and are being detained at the moment, the spokesman said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023