All Sri Lankans will be vaccinated within three months – Vasudeva
Minister Vasudeva Nanayakkara yesterday told a gathering at Anuradhapura that he did not need to take COVID-19 vaccine for at least six months.
Nanayakkara said that he had contracted the disease recently and had antibodies which would be effective for another six months or so.
Minister Nanayakkara was found infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus in early January.
The Ministers said the national vaccination drive had got underway and all Sri Lankans would be inoculated within the next three months.
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Deshabandu Tennakoon appointed as Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Sri Lanka February 26, 2024
- United Petroleum enters Sri Lanka’s fuel market, secures supply contract February 26, 2024
- Sri Lankan opposition parties sign no-confidence motion against speaker February 26, 2024
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024