Corona testing for domestic animals
Government Veterinary Officers’ Union chairperson Veterinary doctor Hemaali Kotalaawala says that attention has been drawn on conducting bio sample tests of domestic animals in areas where coronavirus patients have been reported in the island.
So far no country in the world has reported a human contracting the coronavirus from animals.
However, it has been confirmed that this virus spreads to animals from humans.
Government Veterinary Officers’ Union chairperson Veterinary doctor Hemaali Kotalaawala said that the animal health division of the Dairy Products and Veterinary Research Institute are scheduled to jointly carry out research on this matter.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023