Corona testing for domestic animals
Posted in Local News
Government Veterinary Officers’ Union chairperson Veterinary doctor Hemaali Kotalaawala says that attention has been drawn on conducting bio sample tests of domestic animals in areas where coronavirus patients have been reported in the island.
So far no country in the world has reported a human contracting the coronavirus from animals.
However, it has been confirmed that this virus spreads to animals from humans.
Government Veterinary Officers’ Union chairperson Veterinary doctor Hemaali Kotalaawala said that the animal health division of the Dairy Products and Veterinary Research Institute are scheduled to jointly carry out research on this matter.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023