Court issues another travel ban on former Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court has issued another foreign travel ban on former Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) Ajith Nivard Cabraal.
This ban will be in effect until the end of the trial, over the case filed over the misappropriation of state funds.
Further, summons were issued on Cabraal to appear at the Fort Magistrate’s Court to appear in the court on the 07th of June 2022, and Cabraal was also ordered to surrender his passport to the court as well.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023