COVID-19 ‘high risk’ areas will be placed under curfew – Army Commander
Posted in Local News
As the push against the eruption of the fresh COVID-19 wave continued, Army Commander Shavendra Silva said a curfew will be imposed in areas which pose a serious threat.
He said that areas where positive coronavirus cases emerged were designated ‘high risk’ and placed under curfew to prevent the community transmission of the deadly disease.
“We have to take preventive action even if a single infected person was found’, the Army Commander further said, while adding that many high risk areas have already been placed under curfew to effectively contain the situation.
(Source: The Island)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023