Customs strike completes a week; Pettah wholesale shops will remain closed today
Posted in Local News
Warf clerks, container drivers, customs monitoring officers as well as Essential food items importers’ and wholesale traders’ union will be engaged in trade union action today in support of the trade union action carried out by customs officers.
Customs unions said that although it is seven days since the trade union action was launched , the government had so far not provided a proper solution.
The Essential food items importers’ and wholesale traders’ union has decided to close down the essential food items wholesale shops in Pettah throughout the whole of today.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023