Death of a woman in Welikada Police custody: Court orders all suspects to be arrested
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court today (August 25) ordered the arrest of all suspects linked to the death of a housemaid named R. Rajakumari, who died while in the custody of Welikada Police.
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court issued the directive while delivering the verdict on the post-mortem examination
The case was taken up before Colombo Additional Magistrate Harshana Kekunawala this morning (August 25).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023