Decision on burials after Tech Committee report
Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi, on 13 November said the final decision on burying the remains of those who die due to COVID-19 related complications, will be reached after receiving the report of the technical committee comprising health experts.
The committee was appointed on 11 November. In a special statement, Wanniarachchi said the Cabinet of Ministers did not take any decision on the burial of COVID-19 dead during the last Cabinet meetings.
“Several parties have requested us to allow them to bury the remains of COVID-19 dead. But, we have not taken any decision regarding the matter yet. When that request was informed to the Cabinet, they instructed me to take a decision after receiving the report of the technical experts committee,” she noted.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024