Deepavali spreads message of joy – President
Deepavali, known as the Festival of Light, has special significance as an expression of spiritual richness in the Hindu tradition, President Mahinda Rajapaksa said in a message to mark Deepavali.
The President said:“It marks the victory of good over evil, and bringing the light of knowledge over the darkness of ignorance that are the eternal quests of humankind.
It also signifies the progress made in the constant struggle of people for a better life, in keeping with the great spiritual values and traditions of Hinduism.
“Today, as the Hindus of Sri Lanka join their kindred believers the world over to celebrate this great festival, it brings much hope for greater understanding among communities, increased harmony among people and the shedding of differences that keep people apart, which comes from the light of understanding of Deepavali.
“The celebration of Deepavali, with its emphasis on light, will spread a message of joy among those who follow and cherish Hindu teaching, and offer expectations of peace and tranquility through the spirit of sharing.
“I wish all Hindu devotees a happy and peaceful Deepavali.”
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
The Tamil speaking citizens of Sri Lanka who were saved from the vicious clutch of the Sun God and his band of terrorists should raise their eyes to the sky and say a silent prayer to Hon Mahinda Rajapaksa.
On this day which “marks the victory of good over evil, and bringing the light of knowledge over the darkness of ignorance that are the eternal quests of humankind”, the Tamil speking diaspora should resolve to support this great man forever for having done one of the greatest deeds in the 21st century by successfully eliminating the scourge which afflicted society for over 2 decades.
Long live, Commander-in-chief, we fall humbly at thy feet seeking eternal blessings which is for sure will be granted with magnanimity and gracefulness of a warrior lord.