Dhammika Perera tipped to be nominated from SLPP national list to Parliament
Sri Lankan Businessman Dhammika Perera is tipped to be nominated from the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) national list to the Parliament seat that would be vacated with the resignation of Basil Rajapaksa.
According to sources Dhammika Perera has taken SLPP membership.
A senior official of the SLPP said that Basil Rajapaksa is considering stepping down as a National List MP.
He also added that Basil Rajapaksa wishes to engage in party activities in a full time capacity after he exits Parliament.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023