Dinesh Schaffter’s remains exhumed
Posted in Local News
The remains of businessman Dinesh Schaffter, whose death remains a suspicion, are being exhumed today (May 25) under judicial supervision and armed security at the General Cemetery in Borella.
The exhumation follows a request to court by the committee of medical experts to investigate into the so far mysterious death of the Colombo-based businessman.
Director of Janashakthi Group of Companies, Dinesh Schaffter was found tied up in his car at the General Cemetery in Borella on December 15, 2022 and died a day later while receiving treatment at the Intensive care unit (ICU) of the National Hospital in Colombo.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023