Disabled voters asked to register
The Elections Secretariat has called for applications from disabled persons, who are entitled to cast their votes at the forthcoming Western and Southern Provincial Council elections.
Additional Elections Commissioner, R.M.L. Ratnayake, said application forms could be obtained from the relevant Election Offices.
Disabled voters should submit the completed application forms, along with medical certificates, seven days before the polls, to the relevant election offices.
Applications should be submitted before midnight on 21 March for the permits to be issued by the Election Secretariats.
(Courtesy : Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023