Dope tests for schools:Sports Ministry
Sports Ministry has decided to subject school children to testing for banned substances with immediate effect, the Ministry announced today.
The Ministry media release which said that a special flying squad would be assigned for the task of making surprise visits to schools around the country to carry out the tests. The Ministry has decided on the measure, considering the dangerous situation created in the local sports spheres by the banned performance-enhancing drugs, it added.
The Ministry would also conduct a special programme to raise awareness among the school children about the the banned substances.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023